Mobile Food Units
Attention mobile food unit operators
- Effective immediately, medallion inspections conducted at the Environmental Inspection Center (7427 Park Place Blvd Houston TX 77087) are subject to cancellation if the mobile food unit is under temporary closure. Temporary closures must be lifted in-field before medallion inspections can be conducted.
- Beginning January 1, 2023, the Houston Fire Department will require all mobile food units to have equipped an automatic fire extinguishing system (fire suppression system) over cooking equipment.
We offer four easy ways to schedule your food truck inspection:
- Online (faster): Schedule an appointment online or get the free QLess app (available for both iOS and Android). Join the line from anywhere, wait wherever you want, receive wait time updates, and get notified when it's your turn.
- Phone: 832-393-5100
- Text message: On Tuesdays and Thursdays, text "Food Truck" or "Foodtruck" to 626-313-4758.
Required Documents and Forms
Mobile Food Unit Reference Guides
Helpful Tips for Opening a Food Truck in Houston
- Houston Health Department
- Consumer Health Services
- 8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Page last reviewed: October 17, 2022