- The Basics Houston: Five fun, powerful ways to build your baby's brain
- Birth Certificates
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Clinical Services
- Dental Services
- Food Access Programs
- Fort Bend County Women's Center
- Healthy Families America®
- Houston Area Women's Center
- Nurse-Family Partnership
- Shifa Women's Center
Page last reviewed: December 15, 2022
The Healthy Families Houston program is a free, evidence-based, intensive, home visitation program offered through the Houston Health Department.
- Strengthening family bonds
- Improving healthy child growth and development
- Encouraging healthy birth spacing
- Decreasing child abuse and neglect
- Linking clients to needed resources and services
Who is Eligible?
- First-time mothers ages 14-19 who are pregnant or have a child less than 2 weeks old
- Residents of Houston, Texas
Working Together for You
Healthy Families Houston is part of Healthy Families America®. Together, we help parents bring out the best in themselves by tapping into the skills they already possess. Our services empower parents to help children develop the social, emotional, and cognitive skills they need to succeed in life.