The Houston Health Department is proud to locally launch Project Firstline, a CDC-led infection control training collaborative designed to meet the diverse needs of healthcare workers.
Project Firstline seeks to empower Houston’s healthcare workers with the knowledge and skills to better protect themselves, their facility, family, and community from infectious disease threats, such as COVID-19.
Project Firstline’s free training and engagement opportunities include short, accessible training videos, virtual interactive events, in-person training, and tele-mentoring.
Project Firstline training is:
- Accessible — No matter your previous training or educational background, you’ll be able to understand each video.
- Tailored — To fit around your busy schedule and meet your healthcare settings needs! Training sessions can be as short as 10 minutes and are available virtually, in-person and on-demand
- Interactive — Each video has built-in knowledge checks to keep you engaged throughout.
Project Firstline will reach healthcare workers in all healthcare settings across Houston, including:
- Allied healthcare professionals
- Allied health schools
- Assisted living facilities
- Dental clinics
- Dialysis centers
- Nursing homes
- Outpatient clinics and more!