- Houston Health Department
- Chronic Disease, Health Education and Wellness
- 8000 North Stadium Drive Houston, Texas 77054
Page last reviewed: January 18, 2023
Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets
The Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets provides access to fresh, local fruits and vegetables in low food access neighborhoods and areas designated as food deserts within the City of Houston.
The Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets is an evidence-based approach to increase fruit and vegetable consumption in communities and reduce disparities. The Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets began in 2011 with the aim to alleviate food insecurity and lower rates of obesity and chronic diseases related to malnutrition, while strengthening communities and local economies.
FARMERS MARKETS SERVICES
Seasonal Farmers Markets
Food Access Programs
Model Farmers Markets Toolkit & Guidance
EBT Access Guidance
Stretch your dollars with our food access programs.
- $30 Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers for WIC-eligible clients
- FRESH Rx fruit and vegetable prescription voucher for participating in a health screening visit or health education class at participating locations
- Dollar-for-dollar match up to $20 on EBT/Lone Star Card purchases with Urban Harvest, Double Up Houston,
seasonal deals and bundles to make fruits and vegetables more affordable!
Cash, credit, debit, Lone Star Card/EBT/SNAP are accepted.
Look for us at the orange tents!
Partnership Request | Vendor Request | Volunteers and Interns
For more information about the Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets, call: 832-459-5233.
For Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets and EBT technical assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org