Page last reviewed: September 23, 2022
Apply to WIC
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) serves to safeguard the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating including breastfeeding promotion and support, and referrals to health care.
WIC Benefits are for:
- Pregnant women
- New mothers
- Children up to their fifth birthday
- All WIC services are free to those who are eligible.
- You must live in Texas. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be part of the WIC program.
- WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP you meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household.
- To learn if you are eligible, please call: 832-393-5427.
What to do When you Arrive
- Please follow the five easy steps in this downloadable flyer.