Page last reviewed: September 23, 2022
Asthma Hurricane/Natural Disaster Preparedness
Asthma Care: Before, During, and After a Hurricane and Other Natural Disasters
- Asthma care | Be prepared for natural disasters. During and after a hurricane, tropical storm, or flooding you may need supplies to keep your family safe and healthy.
- Asthma care during an emergency | During and after an emergency, you may have questions about how to manage your or your child’s asthma.
- Asthma care before, during, and after a hurricane or other tropical storm | CDC
- Asthma action plan | CDC
Keep Your Asthma Under Control
- Getting prescriptions in disaster or emergency | Medicare
- Safe drug use after a natural disaster | Information on the use of medicines affected by fire, flooding, unsafe water, or power outages.
- Asthma and mold | EPA
- First aid for a flooded home | This video describes how to separate clean areas from the home from areas that were damaged from the storm.